Sunday, March 28, 2010

Where does one begin?

Does everyone who blogs start this way? I type. Words show up on the screen, as they should if everything is in working order.  But when I look up and read the words, they don't convey what I wanted to say at all.  
Is this how I want to be introduced to the world? This new world. A world where 80% of communication is erased from the equation. As someone who is very expressive, not having facial expressions, body language, audible tone and articulation makes communication like this challenging. I am suddenly, totally dependent on a vocabulary that seems to shrink a little more with the birth of each child and my typing (Thank you, Ms. Copeland). Yikes! 
And so I try to focus on all the things I wanted to share with my family, my friends and the small number of people who stumble onto these ramblings. So many things I want to share. And I have to ask myself, "Why? Why do I want to share?" I suppose the answer is simpler than I would like to admit. (I would like to imagine myself as a complex, mysterious, and spontaneous person. But, in reality, I rarely surprise anyone.) I really just want to be known, understood, connected with other people. See told you. Not very mysterious. I think most people want that. So if you'd like to peek in...Great! And if you'd like to comment even better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment